After staying only in a lot of Hostels, during my Backpacking trip around Southeast Asia, I didn’t know what to expect of Phoenix hotel except that according to reviews it was ranked #2 among all Yogyakarta hotels. I needed a break from noisy backpackers and picked this accommodation for my stay in the city. This amazing hotel is located in the heart of Yogyakarta near the popular Malioboro street. Phoenix Hotel Is a member of the MGallery Collection and its a beautiful colonial landmark dating back to 1918. Hotel features a restaurant, wine bar and terrace bar overlooking an open courtyard. I especially loved beautiful and stylish swimming pool and indulgent day spa. The location is pretty good, as its quiet and not too far from everything. The main shopping area of Yogyakarta is a 15 min walk away, and the Kraton is a 20 minutes further
- Amazing value for the quality service provided
- Beautiful decor that makes your stay feel luxurious
- Hotel is mixing an Indonesian culture and design with modern amenities
- Efficiency and professionalism of the staff is very impressive
- Warm ambiance at the restaurants make this place hard to leave in the evenings.
- Food was spectacular. One of the best I had in Indonesia.
- Immaculately clean and well kept
- I didn’t notice anything wrong with this place!
Overall, I will definitely put this hotel on my short list of the best hotels I visited so far.