My first real longer trip was in 2009 and I had no idea what I was doing. I packed so many random things I never needed, and forgot to take even basic stuff.
Now no matter where in the world I travel to, my carry-on packing routine is nearly always the same and simple. You don’t want to over-pack, and be miserable, but your don’t want to be uncomfortable either. Perhaps you’ve always packed light but sometimes you just forgot some handy things. Here is a list you should consider for your carry-on.
- Paperwork (Passport,Boarding Pass, Your Itinerary, Travel insurance, Health Card)
- Travel Pillow. Sometimes you don’t know what you’re missing until you try to place your head in some kind of comfy position.
- Eye Mask. I always prefer to have my own thing instead using one given us on flights.
- Ear Plugs. Super importan,t if you want to have a good rest.
- Gear: Tablet / Unlocked Smartphone / Kindle
- Other Gear: Headphones + Chargers / Adapters
- Sweater / long cardigan. It gets cold on a Plane
- Compression Socks. Stay Healthy!
- Mints. Stay fresh!
- Notebook + pen (people forget about all the extra paper work they need to fill before landing)
- Eye Drops, Hand lotion and Lip Balm. Moisturize as much as you can. You will get dry skin during flights
- Wipes. Stay Clean!
- Snacks. Because I like to snack when I want to snack