We’re all acquainted with the discomforts of flying. Most annoying things like small seats, dry air, cold cabins can drive us crazy. Here are a few ways to feel like you’re in first class – when you’re actually flying economy.
- Before you check-in ask about upgrades. If staff have an overbooked flight with a tight seating arrangement, they may try to upgrade you.
- Sweatpants. No explanation needed here. Sometimes I prefer to travel wearing comfy leggings but its a personal choice. You can always go for the sweatpants that supposedly look like regular pants.
- Gel Butt Cushion. If you will be sitting on your butt for more then few hours you will appreciate this marvelous invention.
- The Wearable Blanket. You will need it. Flights can be chilly. Plus you can wear it, so its not taking space in your carry on bag. You could also wear it around the airport if you’re ok with public humiliation.
- Neck Pillow. There is so many options for all needs. I’m personally not a fan of those blow up pillows out there. If bright lights and annoying neighbors are just something you hate, you’ll love the Ostrich Pillow . If that is little too much for you go for something like Memory Foam Pillow.
- Compression Socks. They minimize swelling of your feet, reducing fatigue, and promoting circulation. And what’s worse than getting cold feet during a flight right?
- Move seats! Always be on the lookout for free seats, because sometimes whole rows are empty on the flight. Ask the cabin crew if you can switch. You will be able to lift up the arm rest and potentially lie down. If that is impossible, choose your seats wisely before you board and aim for a Window Seat . Remember exit row seats don’t recline even if they have extra leg room, as well you’ll have to store your hand luggage out of reach.
- Invest in good headphones or ear plugs. No screaming babies on your flight!
- Bring your own snacks. Economy class food can leave a lot to be desired and you don’t want it to bring your mood down. Fresh fruit, salads and energy bars are all great.
- Hydrate your skin. The air quality in the cabin can be very drying , If you care for your Skin make sure to apply some cream on your face, lips, hands. Treat yourself and get Refreshing Facial Mist.
- Good energy! If your flight is super early in the morning, save yourself morning commute time, and stay at the airport hotel. This will improve your flight experience dramatically.
- Mindset! Don’t consider your travel time as a waste. Catch up on some reading or writing. Be creative.