- Easy to get visa
- Malaysian people are very friendly.
- Not too touristy. No one really hassles you and you are not constantly hounded to buy stuff or take taxi rides.
- Malaysia is a multilingual country. English is a common language that almost everyone uses.
- Very good prices for flights from Kuala Lumpur to many others Southeast Asian locations. So its great HUB option to start from.
- Very tasty cheap food options. Good options for vegetarians and vegans.
- Public transport in Kuala Lumpur is cheap and good.
- Buses are a very good options to travel around the country.
- Currency is super easy to handle.
- Kuala Lumpur is home to a variety of cultures.
- Good healthcare. Doctors are trained in Western countries; services are cheaper.
- Warm weather all year round, great beaches, and beautiful nature.
- The cost of living well is very low.
- For some people this is a Con but in Malaysia there is no bar scene and drinking culture. Expensive beer. You can still can find bars but its not as popular as in Thailand.
- Little less options for shopping (cosmetics, clothing, etc) then other countries like ex. Thailand.
- This could be a Pro or Con for many (depending on where you are from): People here are driving on the left side of the road.
- Weather is very unpredictable and Storms can be super strong. Tourists needs to be ready for any weather all the time.
- Heavy traffic on a daily basis. The downfall of many holidays celebrations and the multiple public protests are very often the closed roads.
- Expensive import goods due to taxes.
- Lack of decent Western food for a lower price.
- Relatively few bugs, but a lot of Mosquitoes.
- Rubbish everywhere. 1st world infrastructure with a 3rd world mentality. People throw trash everywhere, but not in the garbage bin.
- There is no such thing as a no smoking area. Smoking occurs everywhere.